Monday, May 16, 2011

Tips to Being a Well-Rounded Grad Student

So year one of grad school has come and gone. While patiently waiting for my course work grades to come, I've been contemplating how to make my second year a bit more exciting and enjoyable (aside from winning the lottery, and the NIH, Hartford/BAGNC showering me with funding). And this is what I've come up with: hobbies. Maintain or develop new activities, un-school-related, to be a well-rounded grad student.

In the spirit of maintaining activities, I've signed up for the Army Ten Miler in DC for October. I'll be there anyways for a CANS offering, so why not get in a little exercise? Plus, I hope to do a half marathon at the end of the year. Now I just have find motivation to train through the long, hot summer of Texas which started about a month and a half ago....

As for developing new activities, I guess I could use a suggestion or two. Any thoughts? My research assistant thinks that I should develop new ways to entertain him during the week. He thought that was what my research was all about anyways. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment