Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Second Semester

Spring semester is almost upon us. One more week to go. And in believing that there will be more time for personal writing this semester, I thought I'd start up this blog. So, to catch myself and others up to speed, I will summarize Fall semester. Took courses on research ethics, theory in nursing research, basic graduate level statistics, and an independent study. I got to present a poster and publish a paper in the process (well, it's in press actually), and I'm learning a lot about the research world and the doctoral student world. All in all, a good semester.

What does Spring 2011 hold? More statistics (actually, the textbook looks quite interesting!), a grant writing course, and a gerontology focused course. I'm going to try to present that same poster at a conference in San Antonio, TX. And I have my fingers crossed that I get the Hartford pre-doc scholarship. Also scheduled for the next few months: a half-marathon, a trip to CO during spring break to visit a good friend from my last round of grad school, a trip to AK, and one to MN to celebrate a wedding. Action-packed indeed. Amidst all of that, I also should decide on my dissertation topic and format, select a program committee, update my Graduate Student Progress Report, fill out the necessary forms for the Graduate School, keeps my eyes posted for any research experiences I could apply for locally, and plan for the Summer.

So maybe, I won't have as much free time as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment